The mission of CIMIL researchers is to put their competences and technologies at the service of society. We believe that our work can have a positive impact in people’s lives. For this reason, it is crucial to communicate and transfer our knowledge to the society.
We also aim to be connected with the artistic community and contribute to cultural projects. For this reason, we have a close collaboration with a number of artistic institutions (such as the Conservatory of Music of Trento and the Centro Ricerche Musicali), with which we pursue scientific and artistic research activities that foster links with artists.
Organization of conferences and events
CIMIL aims to promote its research results amongst the academic community not only by participating to national and international conferences for disseminating the results of the research conducted, but also by organizing scientific events or contributing to their organization.
The events organized by the lab are:
- The International Workshop on the Internet of Sounds 2021
- The Audio Mostly Conference 2021
- The International Workshop on the Internet of Sounds 2020
- The 27th IEEE Conference of Open Innovation Association FRUCT 2020
The events in which the lab is involved in the organization are:
Communication and dissemination activities
CIMIL is active in promoting research results to the general public by means of seminars, panels, and demos.
- 15th June 2021: invited tutorial at the 7th IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things
- 21st May 2021: seminar at the event “Computer networks meet musical instruments” organized by University of Vienna
- 26th Oct. 2020: Panel at the online meeting “Physically Distant #3: the network, the pandemic, and telematic performance”
- 12th June 2020: Blog interview at the IoT radar channel
- 27th Sep. 2019: Demo at European Researchers’ Night at Trento Science Museum (Trento, Italy)
- 21st Sep. 2019: Demo at Trento Smart City Week (Trento, Italy)
- 25th Feb. 2019: Demo at ICT Days of University of Trento (Trento, Italy)
Open science and reproducible research
CIMIL promotes the dissemination of its scientific results online, aiming to make research outputs available to everybody. We make Open Access all of our publications and promote the reproducibility of our results by also making freely available the software and datasets used in our research.
CIMIL is strongly committed to promoting activities able to foster the relation between researchers and artists. This is achieved by creating synergies and collaborations with a number of artistic venues and institutions in the Trento area (such as the Conservatory of Music of Trento, local choirs and orchestras) and Italy (such as the Centro Ricerche Musicali and other Italian conservatories of music).